(exercising the gray matter)
following short quiz is intended to show that we are not all as smart
as we think we are. The test is timed, so you must work quickly. You
have only two minutes to complete the six simple questions. When you
are finished, click on the link at the bottom of the page and you
can compare your answers with the correct ones. Hint: alertness
and awareness are needed for this.
If you really want to have a challange, try just listening to the questions and give your answers verbally. (No cheating now, and changing your mind after hearing the real answers) To do this, simply click on this link. If you want to take this quiz in the normal fashion, then just read on...
OK, relax, clear your mind, start the timer and....... begin.
1. What do you put in a toaster?..
2. Say "silk" five times. Now spell "silk." What do cows drink?..
3. If a red house is made from red bricks and a blue house is made from blue bricks and a pink house is made from pink bricks and a black house is made from black bricks, what is a greenhouse made from?..
4. Twenty years ago, a plane is flying at 20,000 feet over Germany. If you will recall, Germany at the time was politically divided into West Germany and East Germany. Anyway, during the flight, TWO of the engines fail. The pilot, realizing that the last remaining engine is also failing, decides on a crash landing procedure. Unfortunately the engine fails before he has time and the plane crashes smack in the middle of "no man's land" between East Germany and West Germany. Where would you bury the survivors - in East Germany or West Germany or in No-Man's Land?..
5. If the hour hand on a clock moves one sixtyith of a degree every minute then how many degrees will the hour hand move in one hour?..
6. Without using a calculator - You are driving a bus from London to Milford Haven in Wales. In London, 17 people get on the bus. In Reading, six people get off the bus and nine people get on. In Swindon, two people get off and four get on. In Cardiff, 11 people get off and 16 people get on. In Swansea, three people get off and five people get on. In Carmathen, six people get off and three get on. You then arrive, at Milford Haven. What was the name of the bus driver?.
1. The answer is bread. If you said "toast", then we got you on this one.
2. Answer: Cows drink water. If you said "milk", please do not go into the Dairy business.
3. Answer: Greenhouses are made from glass. If you said "green bricks," you will have a difficult time growing anything inside.
4. Answer: You don't, of course, bury survivors. If you said ANYTHING else, you are not paying enough attention to the words.
5. Answer: One degree. If you said "360 degrees" or anything other than "one degree," you are going to fail your math course.
6. Answer: Oh, for heaven sake! It was YOU driving the bus. Read the first line more carefully !!!